cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 7.x with active-active solution question!!

pourvahabi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I have question about Active-Active context in PIX ver 7.x .

I have 2 pix firewalls ,If I upgrade them to software ver 7.x and configure them as active-active solution , i mean have active context on one of them and standby context on second one . In future if i want to upgrade to another major version ,Will I have any problems?

because i should upgrade one of them first then bring first one up and after that upgarde seond one and in switch over time two firewall will have diffrent major software .

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

grant.maynard
Level 4
Level 4

I think you should follow the upgrade precdure for a nornal (active-standby) setup.

Hey,

my question is about what will happen when we have two pix that working as active - active with diffrent major IOS during IOS upgrade.

Thanks,

Ali

hi there u can have different versions of the same code on the pix firewalls ina ctive/active configuration. say pix1 is having 7.0.1 ios and other pix2 has 7.0.2 ios. it;s fine cause they are revesions of the same ios code. it won;t work if u have 7.0.1 ios is ine pix and 7.2.1 in the other. but u can surely upgrade one after the other in the active/active configuration. i hope this helps. see ya

regards

sebastan

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card