Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

PIX 7.x with active-active solution question!!

Hi ,

I have question about Active-Active context in PIX ver 7.x .

I have 2 pix firewalls ,If I upgrade them to software ver 7.x and configure them as active-active solution , i mean have active context on one of them and standby context on second one . In future if i want to upgrade to another major version ,Will I have any problems?

because i should upgrade one of them first then bring first one up and after that upgarde seond one and in switch over time two firewall will have diffrent major software .

Thanks,

3 REPLIES

Re: PIX 7.x with active-active solution question!!

I think you should follow the upgrade precdure for a nornal (active-standby) setup.

Hey,

my question is about what will happen when we have two pix that working as active - active with diffrent major IOS during IOS upgrade.

Thanks,

Ali

hi there u can have different versions of the same code on the pix firewalls ina ctive/active configuration. say pix1 is having 7.0.1 ios and other pix2 has 7.0.2 ios. it;s fine cause they are revesions of the same ios code. it won;t work if u have 7.0.1 ios is ine pix and 7.2.1 in the other. but u can surely upgrade one after the other in the active/active configuration. i hope this helps. see ya

regards

sebastan

Views
Helpful
Replies