Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix and firewall anti-virus solution

c.montalvo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Can anyone recomend a firewall antivirus solution that works well with pix firewall? I am interested in a perimeter antivirus solution...Any help in this matter will be appreciated.

6 Replies 6

lauri.bergman
Level 1
Level 1

F-Secure.com has a solution for CVP-compliant firewalls. But as far as I know Pixes are not (yet?) CVP-compliant. (Cannot remember right now what CVP stands for). Maybe you could build a linux-based computer as a router and let it handle the virus-protection? That is what I have been considering.

CVP is for COntext Vectoring Protocol, and it is not supported on the PIX. You can put in an in-line anti-virus server, such as E-Sage Gateway from Aladdin.

As you mentioned CVP stand for Content Vectoring Protocol and it’s not supported by pix

But there is other alternative for anti-virus you can use TREND MICRO (INTERSCAN- for Internet Gateway am testing I if I reach any result I will inform you

thanks

I use Norton Anti-Virus for MS Exchange and for my desktop protection and am very happy with it but have yet to be able to get Norton for Gateways to work correctly so watch out for that one. I'm not saying it doesn't work but I have been walked through setup with their tech-support and still nada...zip..zilch...zero. As mentioned above I think I will give Tren Micro a shot. I will post my results in about 2 weeks.

sglowsky
Level 1
Level 1

Mcafee has a new product called the e500. You can setup filters, automatic updates, disclaimers. Downside is you will have to setup an internal router to do some redirecting, and it's quite expensive.

mmensik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've same problem. Could I ask you forward to me a information what you have got for this topic. Thanks .Tomas [kudtom@hotmail.com]

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card