cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix and non-IP traffic

egalvao
Level 1
Level 1

I need to install one PIX 501 in a network . The internal interface is connected in my LAN e the outside interface is connected in interface e0 of the router.

The LAN have llc2 and IP traffic. Is possible to pass the llc2 traffic in the firewall without tunnel? Is possible I conneted other interface of the router in the LAN only to ll2 traffic?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The PIX only handles IP traffic, so unless tyou can encapsulate your LLC traffic in IP, the PIX won't touch it. I guess you could bypass the PIX and connect an LLC2-only interface on the router into your inside network, depends on how secure you want to be. Make sure you don't configure an IP address on this router interface, otherwise you'll run the risk of someone getting in around the PIX security.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The PIX only handles IP traffic, so unless tyou can encapsulate your LLC traffic in IP, the PIX won't touch it. I guess you could bypass the PIX and connect an LLC2-only interface on the router into your inside network, depends on how secure you want to be. Make sure you don't configure an IP address on this router interface, otherwise you'll run the risk of someone getting in around the PIX security.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card