Views
Helpful
Replies

pix and proxy

hassanimagid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a difficult to configure my pix 515E v6.3.

In my inside interface, i have the users, exchange server, anti virus server...

In my DMZ, i have a proxy server.

When the users want to go in internet , it must go it through the proxy(in DMZ)but my difficulties is that i dont know how to configure my pix to do that the all trafic(port 80(www), 25(smtp), 110, 443, 445)must not go directly to the outside interface but it go on the proxy and after the proxy send through the outside interface.

Please help me

In advance, thanks

5 Replies 5

vijayasankar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

As far as i know, it is not the role of PIX to perform this. IF you want all the web traffic to go through Proxy, then the users browser should be configured with the proxy server's ip address. Only then the web traffic(Port 80,443) originating from users PC( by using the browser) will be forwarded to the Proxy server. Else all the traffic originating from the users pc will be destined with the appropriate destination address, and PIX will be forwarded the traffic to the outside interface.

Not sure on what you are trying to acheive with the ports 25, 110, 445 via proxy...

If you want to forward these ports to the proxy server, then what you are trying achieve will be done through by having WinSock proxy service installed on the proxy server and performing proxy winsock client configuration in the user PCs.

Feel free to Post any doubts in this..

-VJ

Thank you very much.

i want to know if it possible that the exchange server traffic could be go out through the proxy(dmz).

Or i must do like user with internet. In configuration of internet explorer user, i configure the proxy address...

Hi,

As far as i know, it wouldn't be possible to route exchange server traffic via proxy.

Moreover what kind of mail setup you have.

How is your incoming mails routed to your mail server.. ?

Do you have your own domain record created for MX ? Mostly it should be. If so, the IP Address pointed by the MX Record should be static natted to your exchange server, And the exchange should be allowed to send out and receive mails...

-VJ

Hi,

Thank you very much, i resolved my problem.

I must just configure the connecteur of MS Exchange

Thanks

Hi,

Glad to hear that you have resolved the problem.

Please rate the post if it was helpful.

-VJ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: