Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX and VPN problem

pgire
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a pix 506 with multi VPN, but with one, the tunnel is OK but it create multi time and i have the error on the bebug view :

ISAMKP (0): received DPD_R_U_THERE from peer FWCS

ISAMKP (0): DPD_R_U_THERE: received seq_no 296113268 out of range, expected 229004405

I can have 10 and more tunnel (sho cryp isa sa ) for the same peer.

Pascal.

3 Replies 3

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

I am afraid whether it is possible to set up the VPN failover the way you need with a 506 at this time. It is a possibility for any pix that you can load version 7.0 on. Right now that would be for the 515's and higher. 7.0 software has the ability to re-route traffic on the outside interface. So better, you first verify with this issue.

aashish.c
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

PIX 506 E supports 25 site 2 site or remote access tunnels at a single point of time. I would request you to kindly upload the config of PIX along with the full debug messages, so that we can have a look at it.

thanks and regards

aashish C

Hi,

I would suggest that have you applied proper access-list on each site 2 site VPN ISAKMP configuration. If you have 3 site 2 site VPN, make sure that proper access-list is defined so that appropriate traffic is generated and tunnel is formed.

Regards,

Rakshit