cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX ASDM questions

jacob8000
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if ASDM has different levels of security know. For example, can make some users with read-only access and some with access to everything. On PDM it is an all or nothing thing. Specifically, I want users to be able to reset VPN tunnels and view information but NOT change the configuration of any devices. Is this possible?

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

ASDM is an application-based configuration tool designed to help you set up, configure, and monitor your PIX firewall with a GUI. PIX firewalls are placed at two different sites. A tunnel is formed using IPsec. IPsec is a combination of open standards that provide data confidentiality, data integrity, and data origin authentication between IPsec peers For more information refer to the following url:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_tech_note09186a00804708d8.shtml#t8

I don't mean to sound unappreciate but that repsonse didn't answer anything. I know what a tunnel is. From another post I also now understand that ASDM CAN reset vpn tunnels where as PDM couldn't. I just want to know there are also security "levels" now part of ASDM. In PDM, it was all or nothing as far as security goes.

Thanks,

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card