Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX boot delay?

ph0enix
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is a way to configure a PIX to wait 5 or 10mins before booting up once there is power going into it. A customer I work with has a random power outages (at night) and when that happens, the firewall comes back up before the cable modem is fully up which screws up the DHCP process - basically the cable modem needs to be fully up first so when people get into the office in the morning, they don't have the internet until the firewall is rebooted. Both the firewall and the cable modem are on a UPS but I'm guessing that the outages are longer than the battery life of the UPS. Any ideas?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tpham
Level 1
Level 1

not sure if its possible to perform what you would like to do... But perhaps, setting the dhcp retry option to the maximum value may resolve your problem.

ip address dhcp retry 48 setroute

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

tpham
Level 1
Level 1

not sure if its possible to perform what you would like to do... But perhaps, setting the dhcp retry option to the maximum value may resolve your problem.

ip address dhcp retry 48 setroute

Great idea. I'll try that. Thanks!

I just realized that the "retry" command has been removed from PIX 7.2(1). Are there any other options?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: