Views
Helpful
Replies

pix browser ????

tauseef
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All ,

My client is looking for a software , similar to the ones with Swithch , know the Switch manager , the GUI provided by cisco where you can manage and easily configure the switch .. may that be a 2900 or a 3500 series switch .

The same way , is there any sofware available any where on the net , where in the PIX can be configured using a kind of web browser , or is there any software that after installation and configuration of the pix , it can be monitored by some software of the ports that are open , the traffic comming , and analyse the logs created.

Any idea fellas .....

Thanx in advance.

Tauseef

Tauseef@cadgulf.com

4 Replies 4

mike.t
Level 1
Level 1

You can use the PIX PDM software. It's a GUI that requires PIX 6.0. Go to http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/pix to get the software. Note, the PDM is great for basic configuring and monitoring but lacking in features such as VPN setup and management. For that I think you need Cisco Security Manager. Hope this helps.

Hi Mike!

For VPN Configuration: is is best done via CSPM, Cisco Secure Policy Manager.

CSPM is a Application that is part of the VMS 2.0 Bundle.

You can find additional information on this link:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/wr2k/vpmnso/prodlit/cwvpn_ov.htm

Hi mike.t,

I am already working with PDM 1.0.2 on a pair PIX 525 sw 6.0.1. Environment is a failover one (no stateful), I have noticed that the only only box answering to browser is the primary unit through inside IP address (when active) or failover inside IP address when in standby.

Secondary unit never answers.

Did you have any experience similar to this?

Thanks for your help.

ROBERT DERY
Level 1
Level 1

What your looking for is the Cisco Pix Device Manager - document 78-13427-01. Search Cisco's s/w site & you will find this.

Bob

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card