Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX config

pacsniffing
Level 1
Level 1

Hi;

I'm new to the PIX firewall and I'm looking to see if a project is possible. I have 1 PIX and 3 ISP's that need to be connected for both redundancy and network protection. I need to know if my configuration is possible and if so some info as to wher ei can find some direction to resolving my project. The PIX has a restricted license but that can be changed if needs be. Any info in this matter would be greatly appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

cool. you can use BGP and a new feature called Optimised Edge Routing... OER can be used to intelligently poll the latency, hop counts, link load etc and automatically divert traffic to the best possible link... Search for OER on the CCO and you can find materials about that...

Hope this helps.. mark the post as solved, which can help others. rate replies if found useful.

Raj

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

Hello

Are the routers connecting to the PIX outside or to different DMZ interfaces? Basically PIX can have only one default route in it. It cannot handle load sharing or failback between ISP's. You have to do all the backup routing on the routers.

HOpe this helps. all the best...

Raj

the initial plan would hav been to use a layer 2 switch b/t the ISP and the PIX, was trying to avoid BGP but thanks for the info

cool. you can use BGP and a new feature called Optimised Edge Routing... OER can be used to intelligently poll the latency, hop counts, link load etc and automatically divert traffic to the best possible link... Search for OER on the CCO and you can find materials about that...

Hope this helps.. mark the post as solved, which can help others. rate replies if found useful.

Raj

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card