Replies

PIX Configuration

KlediBodinaku24
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings

My name is Kledi.

I have a PIX 515e Running on 7.0 IOS.

I'm managing it form Cisco ASDM 5.0 and I want to enable saving of buffer content throught FTP Server before it is overwritten. I have tried to do this at the Logging Setup submenu, at properties Configuration. All buffer will be sent to a windows PC running FTP Server. All my tries have not succeded.

Could you please help me

Thanks

Kledi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

no problem - plz rate posts if you find them useful (not just mine!)

Andrew.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

andrew.burns
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Not exactly sure how to do this in asdm, but via the CLI it's quite straightforward:

1) logging enable

2) logging buffered

3) logging ftp-server 1.2.3.4 / username password

4) logging ftp-bufferwrap

This'll send the logs to a ftp-server with IP 1.2.3.4 into the root directory everytime the log buffer wraps (every 4KB by default).

HTH

Andrew.

Thanks

It works. Just, when it commes to step 2) logging buffered, it asks for the type of messages you want to send to the ftp-server. So it goes like this:

logging buffered Warnings (or emergencies, debug, etc)

there are 8 levels.

Is there anyway to select them all?

I tried entering just "logging buffered" but it says that this is an incomplete command.

Regards

Kledi

Hi,

You're right - you need "logging buffered debug"

This logs everything (level 7 and less) - whatever you select includes that level and all the levels below.

HTH

Andrew.

Thanks for your help.

Kledi

no problem - plz rate posts if you find them useful (not just mine!)

Andrew.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card