cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

pix connecting to modem/router

internetthomas
Level 1
Level 1

My network need additional security. I replaced the previous firewall with the PIX 515E. Connecting it to the (DLINK DSL-G604T)router, there is no communication. How can i solve the problem

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

a.kiprawih
Level 7
Level 7

What level of comunication issue you have? Is it due to cabling issue (straight vs cross-over UTP) or configuration?

Make sure you use cross-over utp. If this is already in place, make sure both router and pix interface is in unshut/active mode. Other than that, check the IP asigned for the router and PIX interfaces + netmask. Other than that, maybe you need to allow icmp from router to reach pix outside interface (or any interface you connect to router).

On the PIX end, is the LED blinking/on when you connect to the DLINK router?

Rgds,

AK

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

a.kiprawih
Level 7
Level 7

What level of comunication issue you have? Is it due to cabling issue (straight vs cross-over UTP) or configuration?

Make sure you use cross-over utp. If this is already in place, make sure both router and pix interface is in unshut/active mode. Other than that, check the IP asigned for the router and PIX interfaces + netmask. Other than that, maybe you need to allow icmp from router to reach pix outside interface (or any interface you connect to router).

On the PIX end, is the LED blinking/on when you connect to the DLINK router?

Rgds,

AK

Thanks for the tips . i failed to turn on the interface

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card