Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

PIX crash when high traffic pass from inside to dmz

After upgrade to PIX 7.1.1, some reason PIX freeze the traffic for at least 5min when very large amount of data going from inside interface to DMZ interface. However, DMZ interface has VLAN configure. Did any of you come of cross this problem.

Any help will appreciated

9 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: PIX crash when high traffic pass from inside to dmz

Community Member

I do have 128 MB RAM which require for PIX 515

Is this a 515 or a 515E? There were some issues a few years agao with 515s that were using a particular type of NIC where the manufacturer changed chipsets mid-production and didn't tell Cisco and what you are describing was one of the issues that resulted. Not saying this is the cause without more info. How old is this PIX and where did the NIC for the DMZ come from?

Community Member

This is PIX 515. It is about 5 years old. The DMZ NIC about 3 year old I got this from Techdata.

Is it a verified Cisco NIC or one from another company? There was also another issue that I remember that required an RMA. Check with Cisco TAC. I'll bet a doughnut they replace it. There were a few funky things that hapened right about the time frame you are talking about. If memory serves, (and it probably does not) I think it has something to do with a WatchDog timeout.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to rate all replies

Community Member

I have this case open with Cisco about 2 month. We tried almost everything beside replace the NIC and PIX. Now, we are planning to replace the NIC cards. Thanks for your help to point this out.

Community Member

After replace NIC cards on the pix it still crashing during high traffic pass over interface.

Community Member

Have you tried 7.1.2?

Community Member

Do you have any sort of logging turned on? UDP and or TCP? If you are logging over TCP you might want to turn it off.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content