cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIX failover message

I recently upgraded the activation key on a PIX and am now getting the message:

========================== NOTICE =========================

This machine is licensed as a secondary failover unit

but lacks a connection to a fully-licensed primary PIX.

Please check the failover cable connection to the

primary system. This machine will reboot at intervals

in its current state.

I do not want to use failover.

I have tried disconnecting the failover connector but no change.

So I have two problems, 1) Each time I do a config change I get the "cannot sync config as you are the secondary", but more worrying 2) it states in the above message that the unit will reboot at intervals !

Anybody know how to disable this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: PIX failover message

Hi,

if you have not got this message befor activation key exchange, then you got the wrong licence key. That means you downgrated a fully licenced PIX to a failover PIX. Reply to the email you have got the key from and ask for the right key. Until you get the right key, your PIX will reboot every day.

I got a wrong key some time ago which was disabling IPSEC and updated it remotely. After reboot I had to go onsite and change the key because the VPN broke down.

Hope this helps

Norbert

1 REPLY

Re: PIX failover message

Hi,

if you have not got this message befor activation key exchange, then you got the wrong licence key. That means you downgrated a fully licenced PIX to a failover PIX. Reply to the email you have got the key from and ask for the right key. Until you get the right key, your PIX will reboot every day.

I got a wrong key some time ago which was disabling IPSEC and updated it remotely. After reboot I had to go onsite and change the key because the VPN broke down.

Hope this helps

Norbert

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content