Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

lee

Pix failover upgrade - upgrading the devices at different times.

I read (can't find the document again) that you can run active/standby pix failover set on two different versions as long as the first two digits matched up - i.e. 7.0.1 and 7.0.4.

I upgraded my secondary pix515 to 7.0.4 and want to wait until at least Monday to see if 7.0.4 is up to snuff and can handle it to upgrade my primary, which is on 7.0.1.

My problem is the boot command. If I specify in my secondary/standby to "boot system flash:/704" it is overwritten by the active pix. If I fail to the 7.0.4 secondary to make it active, then write the boot command, it overwrites the new standby (primary) to boot to a code it doesn't have on it yet. Conundrum.

Is there a way around this? It doesn't really affect me until the device that has the wrong boot command goes down.

2 REPLIES
lee

Re: Pix failover upgrade - upgrading the devices at different ti

bump - anybody?

Re: Pix failover upgrade - upgrading the devices at different ti

Just a suggestion: rename the 701 image on your secondary to whatever the boot is set to on your primary.

rename flash:/701 flash:/704

This way if the secondary goes down. When it comes back up it will load the right image.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content