Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

PIX firewall decode message

Hi,

I see the following message repeated in the firewall log.

PIX-3-305006: regular translation creation failed for udp src inside:169.254.69.1/138 dst DMZ:192.168.100.12/138

192.168.100.12 is a host in my DMZ where as the address 169.254.69.1 is no where in my inside network. This network is not published in the internet also.

Anybody has any thoughts on why such a behaviour would be observer?

ALso how do i identify a meesage to be an alert or an emrgency or a warning from the error code?

regards,

jimmy

4 REPLIES

Re: PIX firewall decode message

HI,

ok..i just found out that the sorce network is a network reserved for Windows DHCP..so its ok..tyhanks every one..

But how do i understand from the error code about the level of the message whether it s level 0, 1 ,2 ..

regards,

jimmy.

I think that

For a message format %PIX-Z-101001, "Z" is the priority making it Critical, Informational etc.

Also take a look at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/secursw/ps2120/products_system_message_guide_chapter09186a0080089b20.html

Hi,

Thanks for your information. Is there any freeware available which can check a unix based syslog for a particular message and perform an action like sending an e-mail to the administartor?

regards,

jimmy.

Jimmy,

I do believe that 169.x.x.x address is a pc's default address from microsoft when its set for dhcp and it doesn't get an address assigned to it. So you probably got a pc on your inside thats set to dhcp and hasnt gotten an address.

Kurtis

Views
Helpful
Replies