cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix firewall licensing

damrut5763
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 pix 515E with UR license and I want to do a cable-base stateful failover, does the UR license cover the failover license for the firewall or do I need a failover license to do the failover.

2 Replies 2

Patrick Iseli
Level 7
Level 7

UR (Unrestricted) does cover the failover license.

Reference:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_data_sheet09186a00800b0d85.html

UR = Provides businesses a robust, high-performance security solution, allowing them to take full advantage of the platforms capabilities, including:

? Maximum number of physical and virtual interfaces supported

? Maximum number of concurrent firewall and VPN connections supported

? Maximum amount of RAM included

? Maximum VPN performance via integrated hardware VPN acceleration (Cisco VPN Accelerator or Cisco VPN Accelerator+)

? Active/Active* stateful failover support (requires similar Cisco PIX Security Appliance model with Failover-Active/Active license)

? Active/Standby stateful failover support (requires similar Cisco PIX Security Appliance model with Failover or Failover-Active/Active license)

? Security context* support, with two security contexts included as part of the UR license

? GTP inspection* support, when a GTP Feature License is also installed on the system

sincerely

Patrick

damrut5763
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card