cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX - ftp sessions hang

jsayer
Level 1
Level 1

Using 4.4(7) code on a pix 515, default fixup statement for ftp, and both NAT and PAT configured. FTP requests for large files hang after a seemingly random amount of time. I reviewed the field notice regarding PTR records in the DNS, but I don't think that this applies in our case. Is there any known fix for this issue?

Thanks,

John Sayer

4 Replies 4

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

I recall struggling with this on the 4.4 code. I think it’s been fixed since 5.x (if you can run that version.

Thanks..... I'm hoping to upload 6.1 code onto the firewall in the next week or two. Hopefully that will fix this issue. It does appear to be a connection timeout, as our customer has changed to a high-speed internet connection and is not experiencing the ftp problem at the moment...

Hi,

Please share your oppinions here after upgrading to 6.x. I have a pretty similar situation w/ ftp, but

- I use 6.0.1

- PIX 525

- PIX hangs up around 40.000-45.000 concurent ftp connections.

- I have an open TAC case w/ no answer for 2 month now... :-I

Thanx,

Attila Suba

We're using the Pix 525s in production, 6.1(1) and see the same issue. We can duplicate the issue just by issueing a LIST command in a directory with numerous files.

The listing hangs at the last file, then about 60 seconds later, a Transfer Complete notification shows up.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card