cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX FW 6.2 & Websense

jsalminen
Level 1
Level 1

This question is for anyone who uses the ED Pix 6.2 IOS in conjunction with websense. I noticed in the release notes that in PIX IOS 6.2 there is a new service to send syslog messages detailing 'Duration and Bytes Sent'. As I know it Websense does not receive these metrics from the PIX because it was not supported by the PIX IOS. I am wondering if Cisco is intending to incorporate these metrics in 6.2?

TIA

2 Replies 2

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

Going by my experience, Cisco doesn't typically pre-announce features. Neither have I heard of such a functionality. I guess your sales office might be able to help you locate this information and find out if this feature is supported.

I noticed that capability mentioned in the release notes for 6.2(2). This is exactly what Websense does have access to currently whereas almost all other firewall platforms support already. Websense only mentions that Cisco is considering adding the feature. Just hoping that this is a sign that they are rolling in this feature now for 'beta' testing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card