Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

pix in the right place

hi engineers ,

i want to connect a local lan1 to another lan2 via cisco aironet 350 bridges and proper antenna .

lan2 is connetced to internet via router .

i have heavy servers in lan1 . ( include file server ,mail server ,database )

i cannot decide to put firewall inside lan2 or put it inside lan1 to protect my dmz (servers ) .

what is your comments ?

• Other Security Subjects
1 REPLY

Re: pix in the right place

All your devices should be protected from the internet connection via the firewall (both lan 1 and 2) - assuming they both share that firewall as gateway.

Your servers in the dmz should also be reasonably protected, depending upon your firewall configuration.

I would have thought it is the best and fastest solution is to locate the servers on the lan where the majority of the servers particular users are, if possible.

The firewall which provides internet access should probably be located on the side with the most users overal, especially if it has the mail server in the dmz.

Remember all the users are essentially on the same lan (subnet) and you are just bridging.

I have had problems before with spanning tree, I was forced to make one of the aironet bridges the root bridge for the whole network, including the exiting cisco switches (I was just testing in a lab) - could have been my fault though.

If you haven't bought yet, try to buy eauipment that will be 802.11g capable (x5 speed)

Views
Helpful
Replies