Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIX IOS and VPN support

How do I find out the current IOS version my PIX is running, and if it supports VPN. "show version" doesn't tell me.

It was my understanding that all PIX will support an unlimited number of users, and the IOS, while it will enhance and extend security/functionality, is not a factor that will disable VPN use.

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: PIX IOS and VPN support

What version does sh ver say you’re running? VPN was added (I think) in 5.x code. The PIX moved from connection based licensing to feature based licensing somewhere around that release. IPSEC is not enabled until you purchase that feature but sh ver on 5.x and greater will show you if it’s turned on on your box. licensing@cisco.com will address any feature license questions for you.

Re: PIX IOS and VPN support

I think u need to upgade. Partial output of sh ver on a pix ver 6.x is as follows. As you can see here, vpn-des is enabled by default. The cisco's web-site says, vpn-des is free but u gotta apply through cisco's website - though in one of the pixes i received i did not do anything and i could terminate vpns on the same.

Licensed Features:

Failover: Disabled

VPN-DES: Enabled

VPN-3DES: Disabled

Maximum Interfaces: 2

Cut-through Proxy: Enabled

Guards: Enabled

Websense: Enabled

Inside Hosts: Unlimited

Best Regards

SampathSR@yahoo.com

New York, NY.