cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX IPSEC and PPTP VPNd

lorenzoc
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to have a site to site (PIX to PIX) IPSec VPN while having the PIX at one of these sites listen for PPTP remote access VPNs? Every time I apply my crypto map to the outside interface my PPTP clients stop getting routed to the inside network. They get connections, but no activiy to the inside network. Once I disablel the crypto map from the outside interface the PPTP clients work fine. Is this config possible?

2 Replies 2

awaheed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Lorenzo,

It should be work just fine, one thing to look out for is to make sure that the PPTP traffic doesn't match the Interesting traffic for the Site to Site, that way the PPTP return traffic will get encrypted and the clients will never see it. A good way to know if this is happening is to see if the IPSec SA encrypts increment when PPTP traffic is sent to this PIX.

If you have already verified this, then feel free to get in touch with the Cisco TAC and show them the config to check for any other conflicts/issues.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Aamir Waheed,

Cisco Systems, Inc,

CCIE#8933

-=-

I was able to find the problem. You pointed me along the right path.

Thanks,

Lorenzo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: