cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX keeps enabling logging history debugging after reboot

jerryd
Level 1
Level 1

I have my firewalls installed with ver 6.1(1) and I dont use pdm to manage them. I have also disabled logging history debugging. All works fine until the firewall is rebooted ( ie for software upgrades or whatever). After the reboot I find that the logging history is re enabled. This is becoming a real problem because we manage over a 100 firewall and it floods my Network Monitoring system with syslog data sent via snmp which I dont want and then real events arent being recieved by the NMS system. Has anyone experienced the same problem or is this a bug with the pix version?

4 Replies 4

rsnider
Level 1
Level 1

try the command "no logging on"

logging history command is to set the SNMP level for syslog traps.

That leaves you with no logging what so ever. I use the logging for reporting. I think cisco just needs to fix the bug that keeps enabling the logging history debugging even after I have specifically turned the thing off.

Hello.

Maybe you forgot to copy the running config to the startup one, doing 'write memory'. If you don't do that, the changes are only in the running config at the RAM, and are not saved to flash memory, where pix get the config at power on.

Hope this help.

Regards and greetings.

José Luis De Diego.

I also have the same problem...everytime when I reboot the pix the logging history is enabled. After I remove it with 'no his log' and do a 'wr m', the same thing happen when I reboot.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card