Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Pix Licensing

Hi

I have a question regarding Pix Licensing.

I have a network (called A) containing 150 hosts and an existing Internet connection. Now I will place a Pix 501 parallell to the current firewall, connected to internal network as well as Internet. I will be able to establish a LAN2LAN-VPN from another site (LAN B) to manage the servers in this network.

All hosts in the network (A) has the current other firewall as default gateway. However, this def gw firewall will have an internal route to the external network (B) pointing towards the inside interface of the new pix.

I will from B only access a few hosts at the same time on LAN A via the VPN-tunnel. I will never connect from LAN A hosts to the B network.

Question: Can I use the 10 users licens of Pix? I know that Pix licensing is using MAC-adresses. Does only hosts communicating thru the Pix count? Or will all hosts on network A count?

Thanks for your help!

Regards Jimmy

• Other Security Subjects
1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Pix Licensing

Only hosts the PIX sees will count towards the licence, that is, hosts that have translations and connections built thru the PIX. If only 10 hosts on NetA are ever going to go thru this PIX over the tunnel then you should be OK.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.