Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

PIX management

Can we do a Pix management from outside. what is the configurations. whether to use telnet or ssh?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: PIX management

Telnet from the outside can only be done through an IPSec tunnel (this has been the case historically, but I don't think it has changed). SSH can be used from the outside:

first, define the domain name and hostname if you have not already. Then:

ca generate rsa

ssh x.x.x.x x.x.x.x interfacename

ssh 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 outside = allow ssh access from everywhere thru the outside interface

ssh 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 inside = allow ssh access from everywhere thru the inside interface

Gold

Hello Shoeb,

On the pix use command: shh 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 outside (allowing ssh from anywhere to the outside interface), You must generate RSA Key-pair for the pix before clients can connect to the pix - use command: ca generate rsa 1024 and save by using command: ca save all

To use ssh pix must have either DES or 3DES running

Jay.

5 REPLIES
Silver

Telnet from the outside can only be done through an IPSec tunnel (this has been the case historically, but I don't think it has changed). SSH can be used from the outside:

first, define the domain name and hostname if you have not already. Then:

ca generate rsa

ssh x.x.x.x x.x.x.x interfacename

ssh 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 outside = allow ssh access from everywhere thru the outside interface

ssh 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 inside = allow ssh access from everywhere thru the inside interface

Gold

Hello Shoeb,

On the pix use command: shh 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 outside (allowing ssh from anywhere to the outside interface), You must generate RSA Key-pair for the pix before clients can connect to the pix - use command: ca generate rsa 1024 and save by using command: ca save all

To use ssh pix must have either DES or 3DES running

Jay.

thanks,

my pix is having 6.1 ver OS. how to activate 3des in this version

I think since i have a guest access, i cant download the pix ios from the website. the only thing i can do is to upload the ios image from pix to tftp & then download it again to pix from tftp, so next time i reboot it will ask for the activation key.

Now the twist here is how can i upload the image file to tftp server?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content