Cisco Support Community
Community Member

PIX MC - AUS Username/Password

I have a "problem" when I configure an PIX (via the PIX MC) to work with an AUS.

In the Configure/Settings/Server and Services/Auto Update Server

I do have to specify the parameter with are then used by the PIX to contact the AUS (as far as I understood). So there is the IP address of the AUS etc.

Then there is username and password. The help says, that here we have to put in an CW2000 user & password. Which seems logical. But I found out I can put into user/pass what I want, I seems that it is always working fine, as long as I put in something. If I do omit the password, the the approval/Job creation fails.

Any ideas?

Paul Knoll

Re: PIX MC - AUS Username/Password

I guess you need to confirm that all is working well by looking at the Event Report to see if there are any authentication errors for the device. You can do this by selecting Report > Event Report. The Event Type column displays CONNECT_FAILURE if there were any authentication errors. The description column would gives the message indicating that the device has an authentication error. You could refer to 'Viewing the Event Report' section in the document at for more information on the same. If you see no errors there, then I think you could continue using 'any' username/password.

CreatePlease to create content