Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

PIx OS 7.2.4 vs 8.0.3

Hi all

We are finally getting round to upgrading our Pixes (ver 6.3) to a newer version. We have been happy with ver 6.3, but are after new features, especially QoS.

Is 8.0.3 stable enough for production? What are the major differences between 7.2 and 8 versions?

As mentioned before, we are after QoS - specifically traffic-shaping based on DCSP, and also the better monitoring features on the newer versions.

Thanks

3 REPLIES

Re: PIx OS 7.2.4 vs 8.0.3

Further to the above, I see we need to upgrade to 7.x first.

A couple of questions:

1) Can we go directly to 7.2.4 from 6.3.4?

2) The upgrade documentation mentions 515 and 535 requiring monitor mode upgrade - we are running 515E's - does this apply?

3) How can we minimise the risk of being disconnected from a remote site, since the firewalls are at a data centre far away from the office. We are running non stateful failover.

Thanks

Hello,

I'm going to upgrade a 6.3(5) PIX515 to 8.0(3). I've tried this software version in lab and it seems stable.

For the upgrade I'll try from remote, but with a person in the remote site for assistace.

To minimise the risk I've tried the same operation in lab a couple of times, I hope Murphy's Law will not interfere! It think write a checklist before doing the upgrade can help.

Good luck!

We've done 4 out of our 8 firewalls. The conversion of the config works very well, but our concern now is the high CPU usage. We're seeing about 3 times the CPU usage compared to 6.3 - anyone else experience this?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content