Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

PIX port forwarding

what commands do I need for forwarding specific ports to allow for application access from the outside?

5 REPLIES
Gold

Re: PIX port forwarding

Hello Charles,

Need a bit more info, 1. Which PIX OS are you running? 2. What sort of application are you trying to allow access? My understanding from your post is that you are trying to allow some sort of application from the outside (internet) access to your inside network via PIX - Yes/No ?

Also, the following URL might be helpful reading:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_tech_note09186a0080094aad.shtml

Thanks - Jay.

Thanks for the reply Jay,

I have the PIX 501 and yes I am trying to allow a remote control application to access from the outside.

I need port 10571 TCP to forward to 192.168.1.10 inside.

I need port 10572 UDP to go to 192.168.1.10 inside.

can you help?

Chuck

Gold

Chuck,

Follow the instructions on the URL I posted before, look at section - allowing untrusted hosts access to inside, also which PIX IOS are you running? do command: show version - this tell you the version. If you get stuck, let me know.

Thanks - Jay, and good luck.

Thanks again Jay,

My IOS is 6.2(2)

I have read the command refrence you sent but it doesn't show me where to specify the port the information is comming in on.

I am using PCAnywhere but I am changing the default ports.

Please be paitent with me this is the first time I have worked command line with the PIX I usually use the PDM but for some reason the version loaded on the PIX and the IOS are diffrent and it is not working.

Thanks agian.

Chuck

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content