Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Pix to allow remote users for browsing

Hi ,

Here is my scenario:

Remote PC---->ISDN 800 Router------->ISDN 2600 Router----->24 port Switch----> From Switch one port goes to PIX inside interface and OUtside interface goes to---->Internet Router.

All my local clients can access internet with NAT and Global statement, Im running PAT, but for remote users they have to come thru the ISDN routers and PIX should do a NAT for browsing the net.

The Remote PC's can ping upto my PIX inside interface, but cannot browse "they get an error Page cannot be displayed" Remote users point there default gateway to there ISDN Router, and in IE Connnection they give the proxy address as my PIX's inside interface IP address.

I have also given a Route (Inside) to point to ISDN 2600 Router, along with Route (Outiside) which points to Internet Router. Anything else is missing?

Appreciate your quick response.

thanks

fahim

3 REPLIES

Re: Pix to allow remote users for browsing

Do you have a nat command for the isdn users ?

Hi

There is no Nat command on the isdn router. Its point-to-point, whenever it sees an interesting traffic it dials to HQ, and vice-versa, any traffic from HQ to remote dials in similar fashion. the packet comes upto pix as the remote users can ping to pix inside interface, but cannot browse.

My nat statement is like this:

nat (inside) 1 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 0 0

global (outside) 1 203.X.X.X (which does PAT) for any traffic.

My remote user IP address is 172.16.80.0 and my HQ users IP address are 172.16.8.0 and subnetted by 255.255.248.0.

Any ideas?

fahim

Hi Fahim,

can you ping your ISDN-Users from the pix? If not, you may have forgotten a routing entry on the pix. The pix must know, how to reach the ISDN-users on the inside interface.

Hope this helps you

Norbert

Views
Helpful
Replies