Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

pix to pix to pix with vpn clients problem

So I want a fully meshed VPN network - 6+ VPN sites. And I want anyone to be able to VPN into a LAN using the IPSEC client. And that client needs to be able to access all the other LANs via the VPN mesh. I'm using PIX 501s.

Can this be done?

I'm told alternatively yes and no. I find a document that discusses something like this but it requires a seperate fast ethernet port for each remote LAN, as far as I can tell.

Anyone please help!!

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: pix to pix to pix with vpn clients problem

Can't be done with a standard one-outside-interface PIX as the PIX won't route traffic bck out the same interface it came in on, that includes VPN client traffic coming in and then having to go back out to a remote site. This would work with a router or a VPN3000, just not a PIX.

It can be done with the addition of another interface in the one PIX the client is connecting into, but you also need a second ISP connection on a different subnet than your outside interface.

Here's a sample config for it:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/110/client-pixhub.html

Views
Helpful
Replies