Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIX to PIX VPN and Netbios problems

Hello,

I have a Pix 501 v6. 2(2) at a remote office and a Pix 515 at the central office. I've established a tunnel and can ping both provate networks. I am NATted on both sides. The remote office's workstations are running a mix of Windows 98 - XP and they can ping the Domain Controller and WINS server, however they cannot map to a shared drive or log into Exchange using Outlook. I've tried using LMHosts files on the remote workstations, but no luck. I've opened a case with TAC, but my engineer can't seem to figure out what is wrong. All we know is it is a Netbios issue.

One more note, I already have 4 other remote locations using 827 or 1721 routers with VPNs to the PIX and they work fine. This is a new installation and the first to use a PIX 501.

1 REPLY

Re: PIX to PIX VPN and Netbios problems

i have created site to site VPN and its working fine. There are few things which i feel might be causing the problem.

1. Define the access list for interesting traffic and add that to NAT command as shown

nat (inside) 0 access-list 101

2. On the conduit statement allow 137 to 139 port on both firewalls. I allowed all ports to and from Remote IP to server IP.

Hope this solves your problem .

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content