Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

PIX version change of 4.4 to 6.x question!

What type of tool can I use to convert the current configuration of a PIX version 4.4, which goes to be updated to version 6.x, to an equivalent configuration in the new version?

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: PIX version change of 4.4 to 6.x question!

There isn't one, as far as I know. I would recommend simply thinking of it as deploying a completely new product, instead of an upgrade. Write out a completely new configuration for the device, and upload it after the upgrade.

What pix firewall model do you have?

Re: PIX version change of 4.4 to 6.x question!

Hi Matt. Thanks in advance for your response.

Ok, I understand, but I do not think that it is necessary to deployment a new product since we have the possibility of obtaining the new version of PIXOS for his update. Besides, our PIX is a 525 series and it allows this procedure, only that I thought that suddenly, there was some type of tool wherewith speed up the reconfiguration process.

In any case, your recommendation with regard to write out a completely new configuration for the device, and upload it after the upgrade, it is the procedure to continue.

Thanks again.

R.@.M.

Views
Helpful
Replies