Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIX VPN and Cisco VPN Client using Win2K CA (DES only)

Configuration of PIX as a VPN Gateway with Win2K CA Server as a Certifying Authority and client for PIX(VPN Gateway) as Cisco VPN Client 3.0.3(A) Software.

Is there any requirement of 3DES for configuring Win2K CA Server and PIX VPN Gateway for a VPN Connectivity (Because when I debug ipsec and ca in PIX while authenticating from Cisco VPN Client to PIX VPN Gateway with IPSec/IKE using Win2K CA, the PIX is checking for 3DES-CBE only).

Its very Urgent for me.

If the 3DES is requirement for the above setup mentioned, Please Guide me to proceed for further processing.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: PIX VPN and Cisco VPN Client using Win2K CA (DES only)

You could either use DES or 3DES with the VPN client using Certs. The certificate serves as your key to encrypt traffic which is independent of the encryption method you select. It looks like a config issue on the PIX. The encryption you use for your isakmp is defined on ike policy and the for the ipsec part it would be part of your transform set.

If you want to enable 3DES on your PIX, it is an added feature you have to purchase and a corresponding key would be provided to you.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content