cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix VPN and Microsoft IAS

pnivens
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured a Pix 515 for VPN access with authentication though Microsoft IAS on a Win2K server located on the "inside" of the Pix. I can connect, receive an IP from the Pix, and am authenticated on the Win2K IAS/domain controller server and can ping everything and telnet to my UNIX box. The problem is that I can't access any of my Win2k shares. Is this due to the access-list (access-list 101 permit ip .......)? Is Win2k trying to pass info back on a different protocol that I am not opening? Help!

5 Replies 5

pnivens
Level 1
Level 1

I solved part of the problem by adding a DNS entry into the Pix config. This allows me to "net view \\servername" but I am still having trouble graphically browsing the network on the Win2K client. I found earlier postings involving WINS, but I would prefer not to use WINS. Any help would be appreciated.

exigent
Level 1
Level 1

Did you use a certain Cisco doc? I could really use it. I need to do this for a few clients. Could you point me in the right direction?

The most helpful doc that I found is at www.cisco.com/warp/public/110/pptppix.html. I did have to add the vpdn group 1 client authentication dns XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX command, as mentioned above, that was not in this doc. Good Luck.

Can you repost that link? It didn't work.

www.cisco.com/warp/public/110/pptppix.html

It picked up the period, from the sentence, in the link above. Good luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: