Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

PIX VPN ERROR

I have a PIX520 that is giving me this error repeatedly:

403102: PPP virtual interface 1 rcvd pkt with invalid protocol: b1, reason: unkown or unsupported protocol

when I connect a PPTP VPN connection, it will connect but will not pass any traffic. It was working fine one day and then this started, I didn't change anything. Is this and indication of a bad network card? Other than this it is working fine.

Thank you

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: PIX VPN ERROR

This is usually a problem with the Radius server you're authenticating to and MPPE encryption. Try turning off the encryption in the PIX vpdn config, and also try doing local user authentication with encryption and see if that works. If they do work, then you need to look at the config on your Radius server as per this:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/110/pptppix.html

If you're already doing local authentication then something's odd. Try rebooting the PIX if you haven't already.

Re: PIX VPN ERROR

OK, changing it to local authentication fixed it. But what would cause it to just stop working? I was using NT4s RADUIS server before this appended.

Views
Helpful
Replies