cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX VPN Routing Problem.

spitz
Level 1
Level 1

I have a router 2651XM connected to the internet over an E1 line, over this line there`s an IPSEC Tunnel defined on the router which connects my LAN with another LAN abroad.

behind the router there`s a PIX firewall meant to provide protection to the LAN and VPN client connectivity.

The problem i am trying to resolve is that i want users connecting to the VPN of the PIX to be able to get to networks behind the IPSEC Tunnel on the router, which means on the outside interface of the PIX, also its important to know that the addresses i am trying to get to are public addresses and must get to them through the tunnel because of firewall issue on the remote side.

1 Reply 1

mostiguy
Level 6
Level 6

packets cannot leave a pix interface they came in on. vpn users to a pix, that connect to the outside interface, cannot send packets out that outside interface.

you might be better off configuring the 2651xm to accept dynamic vpn connections from end users

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: