cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX VPN setup question

bbuhlman
Level 1
Level 1

I am in the process of configuring VPN access thru a 515e to a corporate LAN. I am running 6.2 on the PIX. I have used the VPN wizard to create entries for everything I think I am supposed to have. My question is between my PIX outside interface and the edge router is a 192.168.0.0 network. Does the outside PIX interface have to be a routeable IP address and if so, are there any tricks I can play to get around this without changing the address of the outside interface? I have already tried making a DNS entry for the PIX on our outside DNS server but that didnt work. Can I NAT the outside interface from the edge router to make it appear legal?

1 Reply 1

afakhan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Yeah, configuring the one-to-one static entry on the edge router for pix outside interface would do the trick.

it would look like this on your edge router:

ip nat inside source static

If you have any inbound filtering (ACL) configured on the edge router, make sure that you open up, udp500 and esp protocol traffic for above NAT entry.

Thanks

Afaq

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: