cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX506E - Config works on one but not others

amandaneave
Level 1
Level 1

We have a PIX 506e that has been working for several months. About a week ago it ground to a near halt with all incomming traffic being so slow that the web site timed out - both via a VPDN conenection and straight from the internet. We usually access the servers remotely via a VPDN connection but this was also so slow it was impossible to do anything (a connection would usualy be made though). We had made no changes to the PIX at this time.

I replaced this with another (spare) 506e and just copied the config over and this fixed the problem.

So I got another 506e from CISCO as a replacement (for the first "faulty" one). But when I dropped the config onto this PIX the same problem occured?

IOS version is 6.3 (4).

It must be a configuration somewhere deeper than just the show config files. Does anyone have any ideas?

2 Replies 2

Has anything changed on any devices before or after the PIX. Any changes to MTU settings anywhere?

DC

No changes to configuraton or hardware. MTU is set to 1500 on each of the PIXs (ie one the one that works and the two that dont).

amanda