cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX515e & 4FE NIC

genghiskhan
Level 1
Level 1

After installing the 4FE NIC in the 515e and powering up the firewall, the only ethernet interfaces that show up are 0-2. The 515e originally had a 1FE NIC installed, which I removed and installed the 4FE in its place. Upon running 'sh ver' the MAC address for ethernet2 is different than the 1FE's MAC address. Also, E1 and E2 are using the same irq. I assume the 4FE NIC is being recognized. What needs to be done in order for the other 3 ports to be recognized for use.

Running int ethernet3 100full shutdown appears to work, as no error is given. Running a sh int does not display interfaces 3-5.

The firewall is running 6.2(2).

Thanks for the help.

3 Replies 3

sccgov-ec
Level 1
Level 1

The O/S of 515E has hard-coded the maximum interface is 3. Therefore it only show the first three interface. If you need more than three interfaces, you should use the next model 525.

PIX 515E do support maximum 6 FE interfaces but using unrestricted or failover software license. I suggest that you check your PIX is using unrestricted software license. If your PIX is using restricted software license, it supports maximum 3 interfaces. If it is, you need to upgrade your PIX to unrestricted software license.

Thanks for the info! Upon checking the pix, I see where it shows the info in regards to my problem.

Now to get pricing for upgrading the license.

Thanks again!

G'Day!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: