Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

PIX520 upgraded to 6.22, no packets getting through

I just recently tried to upgrade a PIX506 to a PIX520 for additional port density, both are running exactly the same code version. I moved the config over, no packets are getting back through, I can see xlates for them, there is a nat/global statement, everything was working fine on the 506 but not on the 520, I have allowed pings for testing purposes and can ping both inside and outside from the 520, packets just don't seem to get through. Even without a full config, just the basics, nada.

Thought it might be a problem with a PIX520 running 6.22 code? any ideas.

• Other Security Subjects
2 REPLIES

Re: PIX520 upgraded to 6.22, no packets getting through

If you haven't already, check the memory. First thing that comes to mind as some of the older units had only 2 MB while 6.2(2) requires a minimum of 16MB.

Also, when you say you're not getting packets back through, are you referring to return traffic?

(You see the outgoing syn but no syn ack?)

What do the flags say on the conn table?

Re: PIX520 upgraded to 6.22, no packets getting through

The memory is 16meg yes. The issue has been resolved however. Looks like the cards just needed to be reseated. Bit mundane I know but it worked. Thanks for the reply.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.