Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIX525 hardware configuration for UR software

I have a PIX 525 running restricted software with 6 ethernet interfaces. I need to upgrade to Unrestricted software and use 8 interfaces and a VAC. So, I'm already using 1 PCI slot with a 4 port card, I need 1 PCI slot for the VAC, and I have one slot left to install two ethernet ports. My question is: The only way to get 8 ethernet ports is installing a 4 port card in the last empty slot, but that would be equal to 10 ports, would the pix recognize the card and use two of the four ports? or is this an incorrect hardware configuration?

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: PIX525 hardware configuration for UR software

Yes, you just add another 4port card, the PIX will recognize the first two on it only.

Hi Glenn,

Are you sure? Have you ever installed something like this?

Because I have just found an article about the PIX525 interfaces options which it says that using UR software I can only use 1 4 port FE card, 1 VAC card & 1 FE card.

I would be excellent for me to know that I can have 8 FE ports with VAC.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a008007f672.html

I just went to the online configurator. When I put in 2 PIX-4FE to the 525R PIX., the system prompt me you are only allow to add in 6 more interface. So I think the solution might not work..

One more thing. Is the 525R support more than 3 interface? From the Cisco presentation file it stated only 3 interface max. Can someone clarify on this.

Cisco Employee

PIX 525R supports 6 interfaces, PIX525-UR supports 8 interfaces.

here is more information:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_data_sheet09186a0080091b09.html

hope this helps,

-Nairi

The Pix 525 does not support 2 (4 port quad card) , I did it on three firewall and they became unstable ... continous failover..

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content