Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Please Help! Cisco 836 Easy VPN Server and Cisco VPN client issue

I've installed a Cisco 836 as an Easy VPN Server and I'm using Cisco VPN client to eastablish VPN connection to a remote site.

Although the connection seems to work fine client are unable to access resources beyond the VPN server.

I assume it is a routing or ACL issue concerning the router. I'm not very familiar with any of those tasks.

The VPN configuration is this:

Router's internal interface 10.0.0.1

Internal Network 10.0.0.0

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Router's external interface: Static ip

Client is using an ADSL modem configured with a static IP and Cisco VPN client to establish VPN connection.

Thanks in advance.

Nikos Panagopoulos

P.S.: I'm sorry because this is the 2nd post in the day with the same issue, but I really need to solve it in a few hours.

3 REPLIES

Re: Please Help! Cisco 836 Easy VPN Server and Cisco VPN client

Hi Nikos

sorry for the delayed reply just chek out ur mailbox..

regds

I fortunately found myself a solution. And here is what I did:

I was asking the router to assign an IP address to the VPN clients from a pool that it was a part of the network beyond the router (LAN: 10.0.0.0/24 and pool: 10.0.0.201 - .250). I assume that since there is no physical MAC address for the VPN client any request from it to the machines in the network beyond the router was coming from within their network but they could not found the machine to reply. Additionally since the request was from someone inside the same network they won’t ask their default gateway (the router) for translation.

So I tried to tell the router to assign the clients an IP address from a different pool and thing worked grate.

Many thanks to everyone who saw my post and especially to spremkumar.

Regards

Nikos Panagopoulos

Gold

post the config here with public ip masked, you may get more input.

Views
Helpful
Replies