Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

POP3 Email

Is there likely to be an issue with pop3 email accounts when setting up a pix using pat?

ie.

nat (inside) 1 10.0.0.0 255.255.255.0

global (outside) 1 interface

cheers

Andy

3 REPLIES

Re: POP3 Email

Hi, looks like your going to have to use port redirection, the command looks something like this......

static (inside,outside) tcp interface 110 192.168.x.x 110 netmask 255.255.255.255 1000 500

Here is a link for the command syntax...

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/28.html#port

Good luck....

Hi,

Thanks for your time mate.

Its a very small network ie 2 clients with a pix. They both wish to use pop3 email accounts to their desktops. Would I be right in thinking that port re-direction would only work to one machine?

With pix I was on the understanding that if the client initiated the connection that it should allow the reply through the wall. Does pop3 work differently to this or am I missing the point?!

cheers

Andy

I'm sorry, I took your post as if you were trying tp put a mail server behind the PIX. The only suggestion I can make are make sure your not blocking pop on the inside interface. Your correct in the fact that the PIX will build the return path, and I have never had a problem with PAT and pop accounts. Other than that, make sure your mail clients and mail server are setup correctly.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content