Views
Helpful
Replies

port redirection to an IP.

akin_lopez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

will PIX gurus to tell me if it is possible to have a particular traffic from my inside network going to a particular port (maybe http) redirected to a particular IP and port.

e.g

inside to outside (destination any IP port 80 redirect to destination y.y.y.y port 8080)

y.y.y.y will be a particular IP.

thanks guys

3 Replies 3

dentt
Level 1
Level 1

What version of PIX code are you using? If its 7.x, then you could use policy NAT to do the redirection.

Policy NAT was added to code 6.2. However this does not resolve this issue. Policy Nat changes the Source address and/or port based on the destination address. It does not change the destination address or port.

Hi .. don't think port forwarding will work for you on this scenario .. You could try alias command ..

First of all make sure your internal devices can go out to teh Internet then try ..

alias (inside) 255.255.255.255

where inside IP is the address as seen by teh inside hosts

outside Ip is the pulic IP of the server you want hte packet to be redirected to.

I hope it helps ... please rate it if does !!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: