Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Possible to pass IPX traffic?

Dumb question perhaps but I would like to know. Is it possible to somehow pass IPX traffic through a VPN connection if you have a concentrator? I know you cannot do it if your VPN connections terminate at your PIX, but if you had a concentrator, would that make a difference? I have a Novell server that I want people to be able to access if they VPN to us...

Any thoughts? Thanks y'all.

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Possible to pass IPX traffic?

You can tunnel all kinds of stuff thru GRE. You would need to figure out how to make a GRE tunnel though - cisco routers can do it. If one end of this connection is end user software though, I can't think of a great solution. Can't you get Novell running IP?

Matt

Re: Possible to pass IPX traffic?

Well...One end will be end user software. It would be nice if I had some hardware at each end, but I don't presently.

We are going to switch to Novell 6 soon...but in the meantime, the IP on our Novell 5 isn't working the way I want it to. Anyways...Thanks for the suggestion. I will look more into that!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content