Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Possible to seperate IOS FW logs from other logs

Hi all,

I am running a 2821 with both IOS Firewall services and Callmanager Express. I am logging to a syslog server at my desk.

The problem is, my Callmanager Express logs are being buried by the sheer volume of logs coming from the IOS Firewall. Is there a way to seperate the IOS FW log messages from the Callmanager Express log messages by using different facilities? I would like to be able to dump them into different logfiles on the syslog server.

Thanks,

Chris

1 REPLY

Re: Possible to seperate IOS FW logs from other logs

chris,

arent there any filters available with the syslog software ?? i really dont think u can filter information based on devices. syslogs coming from the same level (error or informational or other syslog levels) will definitely be captured by the syslog server. you can probably change the syslog level and see if the CCM messages reduce, but not sure if your firewall related logs are in that level.. but normally you can filter or search strings with your syslog server or you gotta use devices like CSMARS which will look into only firewall logs and give you logical information...

hope this helps.. rate replies if found useful..

Raj

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content