Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

PPPoA/PPPoE what do i use?

I have a 3725 router with a ADSL wic we want to use this interface to provide internet access for internal users and access for remote users to our internal network. The connection is directly into the ADSL line, the ISP has provided some info and in it the connection type is PPPoA. As i'm new to this ADSL setup i'm confused, the only config info i can find on cisco's web site for remote access using ADSL is using VPDN and uses PPPoE, does this mean i have to setup a PPPoA connection for the ISP for outgoing and PPPoE for remote users incoming. Can anyone clear this up me? Also if i'm to use PPPoE can anyone point me to config info .

Thanks in advance

• Other Security Subjects
1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: PPPoA/PPPoE what do i use?

I couldn't fully understand the problem you are facing. I'm afraid I can't help you there. However, I do know of a great place for PPPoE configurations. Please refer to "Cisco DSL Router Configuration and Troubleshooting Guide" at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk175/tk15/technologies_configuration_example09186a008015407f.shtml. It's an interactive guide and will guide you to the document you need. That will help you with both PPPoE and PPPoA.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.