cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

pptp accounting with radius

wu.rongwei
Level 1
Level 1

I have done the scenario of IOS as PPTP server. Now I want to do accounting the user traffic. I use the statment "aaa accounting network default start-stop group radius", and the Win2K IAS can receive the accounting information with packet and username.

Now I want to see the dial-in user's source ip , I mean where he comes from. How can I see this information, and which configuration is required.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is usually because the router doesn't know the IP address until the connection fully completes. There's a hidden command called "aaa accounting delay-start" that delays the accounting record just enough so that it can include some extra info. It's not available in all IOS release levels, but anything greater than 12.0 should have it.

My IOS version is 12.2(8)T.

I tried to use "aaa accounting delay-start", but I can't see the source ip address of the PPTP tunnel. My radius server is Microsoft IAS, should I use ACS instead of it ?

Sorry, I just re-read your original question and you are wanting to do accounting for the users original address. My previous response was for accounting there PPTP provided IP address.

I don't believe there's any field in an Accounting packet that will give you the users original IP address. Sorry about that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: