Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

PPTP->Tunnel VPN (VLANS???)

Hello,

I remember someone posting about being able to allow VPN/PPTP clients to be able to access a tunnel VPN with 6.3.1 with VLANS through the same PIX they are VPNed into. I have this need now and am trying to find some solutions. Here is the layout:

192.168.1.0 -> PIX -> Internet <- PIX <- 192.168.2.0

VPN Tunnel between PIXs across internet

both internal networks can communicate fine with each other.

now I have several home users who PPTP in to the 192.168.1.0 PIX and are unable to access the 192.168.2.0 network. I believe this is due to the fact that the 192.168.1.0 PIX will not allow requests that came in from its external interface, to go back out its interface for security reasons.

Is there now a way around this?

I would appreciate any links or documentation on how to implement this new feature.

Both PIXs are 506E units.

Thanks a lot

Jeff

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: PPTP->Tunnel VPN (VLANS???)

You still can't do this unfortunately, even with 6.3 code.

Well, I guess you could use the new VLAN support feature in 6.3, but it still means the clients need to connect in on a different interface than the LAN-to-LAN tunnel, that hasn't changed. You'd have to set up two external interfaces with two different IP addresses, have your clients connect in on one and have the LAN-to-LAN connect in on another. Even though these would physically be the one interface, logically to the PIX they're separate and so the re-routing works fine.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_sw/v_63/cmdref/gl.htm#1075586

Views
Helpful
Replies