PPTP stops responding

jdepies
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a 515 unit running 6.3.1 and just today after running fine for about

23 days, the PIX stopped accepting PPTP connections on its outside

interface. I reloaded the PIX, and now it is working fine. Has anyone else

had this problem or have any ideas on how to prevent, or troubleshoot?

All other traffic was accepted fine by the PIX. Only PPTP stopped working. This did happen once back about 8 months ago, before we upgraded to 6.3.1, so maybe its one of my clients throwing bad data that locks PPTP up?

Thanks a lot

Jeff

4 Replies 4

mhoda
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Jeff,

Without the log, its hard to say anything. Did you collect the syslog when problem occured. My suggestion would be to collect the syslog when the problem occurs. Also, did you see any taces on the console. If you do have the syslog, please share this to us and we should be able to comment on that. To the best of my knowledge there is no known issue on this.

Thanks,

Mynul

Is there a command specific to only logging vpdn errors, or do I have to turn on all logging and sift through the log file?

If not, what level of logging is the minimum to get the necessary VPDN errors without clogging the log file up?

Thanks

Jeff

Hi,

did you succeed with this problem? If yes, would you share any recomendations?

We have the same indication of the problem on 6.3.3 software.

My only guess is one of my vpn clients threw some corrupt data. It happened once more after the first, but that was about 7 months ago. Since then everything has been fine. I am still running 6.3.1.

Maybe the PIX knew once I enabled logging, it shouldn't act up anymore.

=)

jeff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: